feet

feet

Monday, November 12, 2012

Cornhuskin Parade

The kids and I went to Meredith for the parade for Cornhuskin parade.  For those that don't know, Meredith College is my alma mater.  It was the best four years being a student there.  Because we are an all women's college, we don't have a Homecoming.  Instead we have Cornhuskin.  It is a competition between the classes.  We compete in skit, hog calling, corn shucking, apple bobbing, tall tale, songs, sweatshirt design, can art, and more.  Everything culminates in Friday night.  To kick off the night there is a parade.  I love taking our kids back to campus.  It is a gorgeous campus.  I have always felt 100% safe there.  My kids can run around and everyone just ooo's and ahhh's over them.  And our current bonus for campus is our favorite babysitter/uncle's girlfriend is a student there. 
 
Zeke and Ben had a blast exploring and just running around
Ellie girl at Meredith College for the first time
 
The boys playing in front of the chapel

Ellie's first time on campus

Peeking out to see the start of the parade

The boys were a bit overwhelmed by all the girls and whistles

Chelsea, our favorite Angel

mesmerized by the parade

My 3 kids and I at my alma mater

Some sweet friends kiddos (minus Lisa's girls)
 
I'm not sure what has happened at MC, but there were people tailgating at Cornhuskin!

2 comments:

Cyndi - YaYa said...

Oh so sweet! I love seeing you take the kids back to Meredith.. Missed our annual trip this year .. maybe soon we can go to the bookstore!!

Cyndi - YaYa said...

Cornhuskin!!! always loved it..